Sunday, May 3, 2015

Nico Nico Nii: Ozine Fest 2015

As always, Ozine Fest is included into the list of the most-awaited events in each year. And what year of cosplay isn't complete without an Ozine event scheduled in the summer, where students are as free as birds to wander wherever they want?

Unfortunately for me, my classes extend all the way to May, leaving me no time to bother away with my costumes and wigs (//stares sadly at the pile of unorganized cosplays). But on the bright side, I am still receiving my allowance which gives me a good sum of money for Ozine Fest.

Ozine was hosted by Ozine Fest Anime Figure Special, and held during April 25-27, 2015 in Megatrade Hall.
The location became quite an astonishment for most cosplayers and con-goers, especially because of the new rules imposed by the management of Ozine and Megamall. Nevertheless, the turnout was successful, with hundreds of people crowding into the Megatrade Halls to get their fandom fix before summer officially began.
I decided to keep my costume as convention-friendly as possible. I cosplayed as Yazawa Nico from School Idol Festival, Bokura wa Ima no Naka de version.

For the not-so-Nihonggo-savvy,
you can just call it the opening song version.
Honestly, I didn't know if I could pull off such a girly, bubbly and happy character. I remember spending hours during my trial, trying to pull of the classic "Nico Nico Nii!" to no avail. How I actually managed to pull through is a mystery to me.
I wasn't able to roam around the halls too much because I was frequently being stopped for photos and I was constantly being pulled away from the crowd for photoshoots. Nevertheless, it was a very fun experience and I am very glad to have met everyone that day.

Ozine wall tarpaulin with their adorable mascot
(and a Rikka cosplayer).
Beautiful origami cranes display.
I didn't know if they had an actual thousand in display, but seeing
so many of them just looked so whimsical.
Anime-designed mugs. Mikazuki Munedika-enough said.
Rin Tohsaka figure.
Ozine AFS prides itself in bringing top-quality figure collections and sellers every year.
Cute plushie from the artists' corner.

This Nico nendoroid made my day! 
One of the people I met (whom I didn't know) 
asked me if I could take a picture with it, and how could I refuse? It's mini-me!

I also met another Nico cosplayer! Double Nico!
It was a very tiring day for me, but I've had so much fun! A lot of people were actually worried about the new rules, but I found it to be actually a very easy and fun experience as long as I abided by the protocol. None of the guards or staff were rude (even caught a couple of guards taking photos of me with their phones), and I didn't see any sort of problem at all.My haul was so tiny that I forgot to take photos of it. I bought a pair of contacts from Serendipity Btq, and a pair of tattoo stockings from Vogue Royal Cosplay.

Also, I would like to address the issue of a few men allegedly "insulting" me to my face. I would just like to make it clear that they were not insulting me to my face. A group of men, three of them, asked for photos with me. After taking photos, one of them (I vaguely remember him being fair-skinned with bronze hair and a yellow shirt) asked me if the hand signs (the trademark Nico pose) I was doing were Satanic symbols.

I was a little bit irked by his comment, but I didn't want to make a fuss out of it so I just kept my mouth shut. Besides, I know that he didn't mean it personally and that he was simply trying to be funny. I don't know who he is, but whoever you are, know that you had no fault whatsoever. Love and peace, okay? 
I was also included in an interview video filmed by Mackinskey! I think I was so awkward during the interview. Thankfully it didn't show much on camera. Thanks to their team for having me. It's such an honor. Watch the video here

Anyways, this wraps up my event report for Ozine Fest 2015! I know this post was quite short and not so informative, but please forgive me. I arrived late in the event because of heavy traffic and I only had about three or four hours time to enjoy everything. Until the next event!Thanks for reading. 
Love, Aki  

All of the photos belong to Infinity Studios. For more photos from the event, visit their Ozine Fest album here.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik